Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Shanghai World Expo 2010

2nd day in Shanghai

We really have to wake up early in the morning for the exciting International Expo held in Shanghai and this was my first world expo I ever experienced and feeling inside the world expo. When we were there after an hour drive, I saw raindrops coming down. Before we alighted from the bus, my hubby and I were the only couple putting on the disposable plastic raincoat. So we handed out our umbrella to the old man in our group. Later an outbreak of the heavy downpour. Everyone was drenched to the skin and became 落汤鸡。 At least we two were quite dry.

From the bus stop point to the main entrance point we needed to walk for half an hour cos it was so crowded despite the heavy downpour. I found out that more than 80% were the citizen of China and only 20% were tourists on that day. The tour guide helped us to get the entrance tickets and lasted another half an hour to get inside the expo for it was strictly guarded.

Actually our tour package were all inclusive of 3 meals, hotel stay and all entrance fees if needed to pay. So inclusive of the flight fare, each of us needed to pay for RM2588 and RM150 for the visa to China. It was indeed considered as cheap for 7 nights in China and 2 nights stay in Brunei. Only a meal of lunch in World expo was a self paying meal. My hubby and I could only go to take photos or to the least queued countries.

Egypt Pavilion being near to the entrance and found the queue was moving, we started off here, and I found not so much to see. Refer to pictures below:



As visitors enter the Egypt Pavilion, they are immediately impressed by the bold color scheme. On the grand black ceiling, a white ribbon twists and extends, symbolizing the Nile River running through Egypt. My hair were wet and needed to be tied under the cap. My outer white shirt-sleeves were all wet despite using disposable raincoat thus needed to strip it off under the cold air-cond. Below are some of its eight national treasures from the age of the Pharaohs, each showcases the incredible craftsmanship of ancient Egyptians and the resplendence of the age of antiquity. I did not finish taking them cos my feet were too itchy under such wet weather and just wanna find a wash room to clean my feet. Lucky that I wore a pair of slippers, otherwise at the risk of being afflicted by "HOng Kong Foot".







Below are some of photos taken inside the expo since I cannot queue to all the pavilions of the countries since due to the time constraint set by our tour guide to be out by 6pm.











The Iceland Pavilion featured its decorative "Ice Cube" made of backlit printed fabric on the exterior. Ice patterns is visible within a "glacier."


















Greece Pavilion - My hubby and I went in to the Greek Pavilion Halls of what they exihibited include: ARCADE, THE CITY AND THE SEA, AGORA, ECOLOGΥ, URBAN-RURAL, THEATRE, LIVING TOGETHER, PROSPERITY, PROMENADE & PORT, SQUARE (with café-restaurant and shop).



Taiwan Pavilion


An India Pavilion but too long the queue for us to go in.






Spain

to be continued.......

No comments:

Blog Archive

Passion cbox

Mind your language. Do please respect others.